Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2015, 12:13 AM   #16
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CameraObscura Quote
Tried all possibilities: door open; door closed; with card; without card. Normally, when I insert a SD card, the card access light blinks momentarily, even if the camera is turned off. Now when I insert the card, nothing happens.
From your description above it seems there is no power going into the camera. If I'm not mistaken even a camera with toasted firmware will still flash the access light when a card is inserted as long as there is power. Have you checked the three battery contacts inside the compartment, in case one or more is somehow stuck recessed?

Not sure it will help but it's worth a try?
1) Make sure the power switch is off
2) Push a fully charged battery in as far as it will go and hold it there
3)Turn the camera on while holding/pressing the battery in at the same time.

Good luck.

05-03-2015, 04:56 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
there is a little switch under the sdcard door, push it down andI will bet you it will fire up. Inspect it carefully you will find it. I won a k-30 off Ebay brand new not one actuation because they at Roberts camera could get it to turn on. I put it in debug mode via the thread and viola. the only drawback was it would record shots slower than 200th of a second So I didn't give up after carefully playing around I discovered that the sdcard door was not pushing the switch down far enough ,once I solved this I have a NEW CAMERA. I will put my money on it , that this is your problem. report back
05-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #18

Original Poster
I agree that it sounds like a power problem. However, the battery contacts are good and clean.

I also tried the little switch under the SD card door. No go.

---------- Post added 05-24-15 at 02:25 PM ----------

I finally gave up and listed it on eBay for parts/repair. If it seems easy to fix and someone wants to have a go at it, now is your chance.
05-24-2015, 02:33 PM   #19
Site Supporter

set your sd card for debug

05-24-2015, 03:02 PM   #20

Original Poster
No luck. Copied the MODSET.492 file to the root of the SD card, placed the card in the camera, and held the AV +/- button while turning on the camera. No sign of life.
05-24-2015, 03:29 PM   #21
Site Supporter

try no sd card , first with the door open then with it closed

---------- Post added 05-24-15 at 06:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by CameraObscura Quote
No luck. Copied the MODSET.492 file to the root of the SD card, placed the card in the camera, and held the AV +/- button while turning on the camera. No sign of life.
also work that sdcard door switch out , in otherword use a q-tip and pump it in and out for a long time and vigorously . then try
05-24-2015, 05:09 PM   #22

Original Poster
Tried with the SD card door open, then with the card door closed.

Worked the card door switch for some minutes, removed and replaced the battery and tried again, with the door open and closed.

Still no sign of life.
05-24-2015, 05:16 PM   #23
Site Supporter

guess its over and out

05-24-2015, 05:24 PM   #24

Original Poster
Unfortunately, it seems so. I hadn't used it much but it took some good pictures when I did.

Thanks to all who responded here.