Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2015, 09:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Flucard disconnects in Windows Explorer

I just got my K-3 and have been setting it up. I seem to be able to get the Flucard to function with my smartphone, but when I insert it into my Windows 7 pc, it beeps a few times and seems to disconnect. All I want to do is view the photos in Windows Explorer as I would with a regular SD card, but I can't seem to do so. I've searched here on the forums and elsewhere but I'm not seeing others with this problem. Suggestions?

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT:

Before using the card in the card reader, you have to turn off the wireless function in the camera.

EDIT 2: It seems to be finicky. I will do more testing and report back.

Last edited by gebco; 01-06-2015 at 11:04 PM.
01-07-2015, 09:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Update for those experiencing the same problem. The only way I have found so far to use the card in the card reader is to turn off the Wireless Memory Card function before removing the card from the camera; the card acts like any other sd card when in the card reader. However.. .

When you put the card back into the camera, the wireless function is still off. Even if you leave it off, take it out, put it into the card reader, it will go back to the previous behaviour of ''disconnecting'' and not allowing pics to be viewed. The only workaround I have seen so far is to ensure wireless function is turned back on and then off in the camera before using in the card reader.