Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2015, 04:39 PM   #1

Ricoh KR 35-70mm Macro lenses

I picked up this lense for hardly nothing. What caught me is the Macro on the side., that part I can't figure out. Just works like a regular manuel lense.
Can anyone explain?

01-10-2015, 05:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is it this one: Ricoh 35-70mm XR Rikenon f/3.5 Lens Reviews - Ricoh Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

I am not familiar with this lens but many older zooms have a "macro" function that is really "close focusing". Handy for some things but it should not be confused with a true macro. Usually there is a way to shift the lens into 'macro' mode by turning past a detent or moving the zoom ring in a different manner to enter the 'macro' function.

Also be aware that some Ricoh lenses have an extra pin that can get stuck on modern Pentax cameras by dropping into the screwdrive AF slot. I do not know if this lens has that pin, I'm sure someone else will drop by with that info, but use caution until you are sure.
01-10-2015, 05:59 PM   #3

Original Poster
OK, got it. It does not have the pin. Works nice, actually nice to have on my camera cause it's so light and the picture quality is good.

Do you know the difference between XR and KR, which I have.
01-10-2015, 05:59 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
If you are talking about the lens that Jatrax mentioned then it does have a detent that you have to turn pass. if you notice the zoom ring you can turn it from 35 onwards to 70 but you can also turn if from 35 back down. I don't know how to explain it properly but you will notice a little resistance when turning it clockwise pass 35 (assuming the mount is pointing towards you)

As for the pin. I think this doesn't have it. I've used it on both K100D & K200D without any issues.

EDIT: was still typing when OP replied... oops

01-10-2015, 06:04 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jaq68 Quote
Sorry no, but there are a few here with good Ricoh backgrounds and I'm sure someone will jump in and let you know.
01-10-2015, 06:31 PM   #6

Original Poster
faceless, I think I get it I'll give it a try in the AM. Thanks
01-10-2015, 09:33 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jaq68 Quote
From what I've read, it just indicates the region where it was sold, like the Pentax Z/PZ and MZ/ZX cameras.

I think only the Rikenon P lenses have the dreaded "Ricoh pin", but it's always best to check first.

01-11-2015, 01:14 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Xr kr

XR and KR refers to the different camera models ?

We have had a few Ricoh 35mm's in my family
I had a KR-10 and a KR-10M
And Im sure there might be a XR-10 in a drawer .. My bad , a XR-1s ...
SO I still have my KR-10M , and a XR-1s