Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2015, 12:27 PM   #1

Another K 200 battery question

I bought this camera new & have never had an issue with it. the batteries recently died & I replaced them with a fresh set of new lithium batteries. the camera powered up & worked normally. then I took some pictures using the flash. the camera worked but after taking the photo the rear screen says batteries depleted. if I turn it off & power it up again it works normally. use the flash & the batteries depleted message comes up again. any ideas?

01-15-2015, 01:42 AM   #2

Seems to be a problem with K200s. I deep discharged my ecoloops and recharged them as it seems to be a matter of amps as well as volts.
01-15-2015, 09:16 AM   #3

Original Poster
I guess I've been lucky. I have this camera since it was new & this is the 1st time it's happened. at least when I cycle it off & back on it is working.
01-15-2015, 12:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rober Quote
I bought this camera new & have never had an issue with it. the batteries recently died & I replaced them with a fresh set of new lithium batteries. the camera powered up & worked normally. then I took some pictures using the flash. the camera worked but after taking the photo the rear screen says batteries depleted. if I turn it off & power it up again it works normally. use the flash & the batteries depleted message comes up again. any ideas?
Make sure that it's set for Lithium batteries. Also try cleaning the battery contacts with a pencil eraser. If the camera was sitting unused for a long time, the battery contacts may be dirty/corroded.

01-15-2015, 12:51 PM   #5

Original Poster
it's used at least once a month & I wiped all the contacts with a Q-tip dipped in electrical contact cleaner. for some reason it is no longer doing it. it appears that all is well-for now anyway.
where would you check the lithium battery settings?
01-15-2015, 02:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

where would you check the lithium battery settings?
Somewhere in the menus - the battery meter has to know what type of AA batteries you're using because they behave differently. If you can't find it, I can dig my K200 out and put batteries in it.
01-15-2015, 03:47 PM   #7

Original Poster
I went thru the menu & found the battery settings. it looks like the options are auto, body, & grip. it's set on auto. the battery deleted notice came up again. I wonder if I might have gotten some bad batteries?
01-16-2015, 06:43 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I went thru the menu & found the battery settings. it looks like the options are auto, body, & grip. it's set on auto. the battery deleted notice came up again. I wonder if I might have gotten some bad batteries?
Sorry, it appears that the K200D doesn't have a battery type selection the way other models do. I was thinking of my K30, where you specify the AA battery type in the Setup menus.