Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2015, 11:46 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried to pick up the phone and call them?

QuoteQuote:
Contact Customer Service
Questions? Concerns?

Just call us at (800) 877-0155 from within the United States. Our Customer Service representatives are more than ready to help.

01-29-2015, 12:40 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
I guess I'll have to try calling them tomorrow.
That's the plan.
01-29-2015, 12:48 AM   #18
Veteran Member

That's the plan.
I have found that it is a more effective way to convey your displeasure
01-29-2015, 02:03 AM   #19
Veteran Member

And if phoning doesn't work, just vent your frustrations via Twitter or on their Facebook page. Then suddenly they will turn into the most customer-friendly organisation. It's sad, but that's the way to get attention nowadays.

01-29-2015, 06:22 AM   #20
Pentaxian

If you have ad-blockers in your browsers, they often mess up forms like that. But forms like that are also often messed up period...
01-29-2015, 06:52 AM   #21
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

It's not just Ricoh, it is almost all large corporations. Customer Service is like the dinosaurs, mostly extinct. Sure...there are living dinosaurs like birds and alligators, but they are certainly nowhere close to what they used to be.

I spent four days and 7 hours on the phone trying to contact Yahoo about my account problems.....never did get a resolution...never even got an intelligent human, only robot like creatures that said they would "pass on" my complaint. I guess it will spend all eternity being "passed around"?

Regards!
01-29-2015, 07:16 AM   #22
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

One thread on this is sufficient. I've merged the two.

Last edited by Parallax; 01-29-2015 at 09:00 AM.
01-29-2015, 12:50 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
Their phone number for cameras is 1-800-225-1899, and coincidentally it doesn't work! It rings once and automatically hangs up! haha

It's like I'm in the corporate Twilight Zone.

01-29-2015, 01:34 PM   #24
Pentaxian

I seem to be doing fine with my DA*60-250 so far, but I'd be remiss to point out, this company contracts for both Canon and Pentax warranty work, so you're in the same boat no matter what brand you buy between Canon and Pentax, at least in Canada. How long it takes to get parts from Japan is another issue. On my 21 ltd. I believe it took two weeks to get the part. SO Two weeks for them to look at it, two weeks waiting for the part, a couple days before they got to it after the part came in, a week of shipping it there and back, so 6 weeks. That was before the work was contracted out. I'm not expecting it to be much different with the new guys. I asked them what the turn around would be on a clean and lubricate job and they said 10 business days, which is pretty much the same as the old Pentax repair facility.
01-29-2015, 01:39 PM   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

heir phone number for cameras is 1-800-225-1899, and coincidentally it doesn't work! It rings once and automatically hangs up!
Have you checked the news regarding the weather in Connecticut? They were totally closed down due to emergency travel restrictions earlier this week (blizzard) and the local schools were also still closed as of yesterday.*

Steve

* I have been helping a friend with a repair through them and have also been trying to determine the current status.
01-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #26
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
* I have been helping a friend with a repair through them and have also been trying to determine the current status.
Update: I am currently on the phone with Precision. No problem getting through.

Steve
01-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Update: I am currently on the phone with Precision. No problem getting through.

Steve

I have no problem contacting Precision Camera. I was attempting to call Ricoh to complain and the Ricoh customer service phone line lists the 800 number I listed previously as their camera division phone line. Since not being able to contact Ricoh via their listed number, I called Precision back and asked them for a contact number for Ricoh. They gave me 1-800-877-0155, which is Pentax customer service. The line connected right away to a real person. I told them my issue, and they requested a replacement GR for me. It was surprisingly quick and easy.
I know they're one in the same, but it's amazing the difference between going through Pentax to get things done vs the luck I've had going through Ricoh.
01-30-2015, 11:02 AM   #28
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I have no problem contacting Precision Camera.
My mistake

I am glad that Ricoh/Pentax finally came through for you.

Steve
01-31-2015, 11:37 AM   #29
Pentaxian

I'm glad the issue was resolved. I have limited experience with Pentax's factory service, but the one time I did have to use it, it took quite a long time to get my camera back to me. However...once my problem was fixed, it stayed fixed...so I guess the wait was worth it.