Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2015, 02:57 AM   #1

Help with camera date

Hi all,

I own a Pentax Ist DL2 camera. The problem is that everytime I switch the battery I got to set the date manual again. Is there a way to 'save' the date. Now I mostly just click it away so in the EXIF it says that the pic. was taken in 2006.

Thanks,

Jeroen

01-24-2015, 03:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

There's an on-board battery/capacitor on the motherboard that provides the power to retain such data in memory. Looks like it's failed.

As you're finding, the camera will revert to factory settings each time you remove the main battery/s or it/they run out.

I'd live with it and just reset each time as the cost of a repair, if indeed it is possible, would be considerable.

Lateral thought. If you have or could buy an AC adapter, that would keep the camera powered up each time you change it's main battery.
01-24-2015, 05:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

It's always done that with my K-01 since brand new and is recently doing same with the Q.
And yep, I live with it. Takes a few moment to reset the time/date.
01-25-2015, 03:07 AM   #4

Original Poster
Oke, thanks for the help!

01-25-2015, 05:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
It's always done that with my K-01 since brand new and is recently doing same with the Q.
And yep, I live with it. Takes a few moment to reset the time/date.
Same goes with my K200D. it's had that problem since day one in 2009, but it was a store demo I bought after the model was discontinued.