Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #1

Multiple photos.

Why does my pentax optio 33L take multiple (3) photos instead of just one like my other cameras? Is there a setting to change this from 3 to just one photo? It uses up the CF card. Thanks.

01-24-2015, 02:07 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am not familiar with that model but it sounds as if you have the auto bracket function turned on. This takes a number of images with slight changes to the exposure allowing you to hopefully be able to pick one best picture and then delete the others.

Another possibility would be you have burst mode on but if that were true you would get multiple photos but not necessarily always 3. Always three sounds like bracketing.
01-24-2015, 03:35 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 4saints Quote
Why does my pentax optio 33L take multiple (3) photos instead of just one like my other cameras? Is there a setting to change this from 3 to just one photo? It uses up the CF card. Thanks.
Are you sure that is a CF card? or do you mean SD card? I can't remember how long ago Pentax uses CF cards (that is old) in their cameras...
01-24-2015, 04:51 PM   #4
Pentaxian

It's an olde' camera (2003). It uses CF cards.

Pentax Optio 33L: Digital Photography Review

01-25-2015, 01:15 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks! I just learned that this was the mode selected: auto bracket. I changed it to picture mode, now it works just fine - only one photo at a time. Also, I noted that there are several modes to choose from: panorama, 3D, filters, movie, etc. I'll play with those later. Right now I'm happy to have it take just one photo at a time to save the battery and space on the CF card. And just in time for our OKC zoo trip tomorrow. Yes, it's an oldie - I found it in a box of stuff I inherited years ago and just dug it out - Charged the battery and it holds a good charge and the camera works like new. Happy, happy, happy.
01-25-2015, 03:48 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 4saints Quote
Thanks! I just learned that this was the mode selected: auto bracket. I changed it to picture mode, now it works just fine - only one photo at a time. Also, I noted that there are several modes to choose from: panorama, 3D, filters, movie, etc. I'll play with those later. Right now I'm happy to have it take just one photo at a time to save the battery and space on the CF card. And just in time for our OKC zoo trip tomorrow. Yes, it's an oldie - I found it in a box of stuff I inherited years ago and just dug it out - Charged the battery and it holds a good charge and the camera works like new. Happy, happy, happy.
Kind of remarkable that it still works, have fun.