Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2015, 08:44 AM   #16
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rangercarp Quote
Seems like most of us agree on this one. It helps if you do not have the "read it cover to cover" mentality. I struggle with that, but I am getting better. Getting a subscription on the cheap makes it a little easier to justify reading only the parts that you are interested in.
" It helps if you do not have the "read it cover to cover" mentality"

Funny, I didn't realize that reading it cover to cover was a "mentality".
If I'm buying a magazine it's because I'm interested in it, and do read it cover to cover. I may even read them multiple times, as I keep the issues for a couple of years, and articles that I may not have an interest in at the time, may be pertinent later on, as I get additional equipment.

01-26-2015, 09:34 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
Outdoor Photographer is pretty good, but after a year it gets repetitive.

All of the magazines listed I can access for free from my public library via Zinio. The iPad app presents the images more richly than a paper magazine. The only photography-related paper-based magazines I believe are worth subscribing to are image oriented such as B&W, Aperture, and LensWork.

M
Same here... I had Outdoor Photographer for two (maybe three years). It got redundant. I'm actually noticing this with all magazines in all subjects. They go on 2 to 3 year cycles after which they start recycling content.
01-26-2015, 10:20 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by emalvick Quote
Same here... I had Outdoor Photographer for two (maybe three years). It got redundant. I'm actually noticing this with all magazines in all subjects. They go on 2 to 3 year cycles after which they start recycling content.
I was a long time subscriber to Backpacker magazine. After several years it seemed like every issue was the same.

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Funny, I didn't realize that reading it cover to cover was a "mentality". If I'm buying a magazine it's because I'm interested in it, and do read it cover to cover
I used to have a hard time NOT reading a magazine I paid for cover to cover, even if I was not interested in some of the articles. Because I subscribe to four magazines and like to read books as well, it can be hard to keep up at busy times of my life. I am doing better now.