Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2015, 04:28 AM   #106
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Use the Sigma 18-35 set to f/4, Av, and use live view with a 2 second delay on a tripod. Set your K3 to do raw+, and then look at the JPEG output.

02-06-2015, 05:48 AM   #107
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
<snip>

The Nikon Coolpix A is similar to the GR, as I said before, and both have dedicated integral lenses that make them as sharp as possible.

<snip>

The Coolpix will also have in-camera processing designed to produce a sharp output. In contrast there is usually no in-camera processing (including sharpening) applied to a RAW (DNG or PEF) file.

Set your camera to RAW+ e.g. so it creates both a PEF/DNG and a JPG. Set the size of the JPG to be the same as the size JPF produced by the Nikon. Now you are starting to compare apples with apples, though of course the processing the K3 does will differ from that of the Nikon.

I see there's another insult above as well, 'amateurs'. You are not being picked on, you are so convinced you are right that there is something wrong with the hardware that your mind is closed to any other explanation in which case why did you bother posting here?
02-06-2015, 06:07 AM   #108

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cats_five Quote
The Coolpix will also have in-camera processing designed to produce a sharp output. In contrast there is usually no in-camera processing (including sharpening) applied to a RAW (DNG or PEF) file.

Set your camera to RAW+ e.g. so it creates both a PEF/DNG and a JPG. Set the size of the JPG to be the same as the size JPF produced by the Nikon. Now you are starting to compare apples with apples, though of course the processing the K3 does will differ from that of the Nikon.

I see there's another insult above as well, 'amateurs'. You are not being picked on, you are so convinced you are right that there is something wrong with the hardware that your mind is closed to any other explanation in which case why did you bother posting here?
Actually to many waste words... But I like to hear that the users here has no problem, thatīs fine. I had the information that the kit lens is poor from the service. So I hope to get new one and I will see... thatīs all. But maybe there are more peple with poor lens, but they donīt know about it...
02-06-2015, 06:13 AM - 1 Like   #109
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FunnyUncle Quote
Actually to many waste words... But I like to hear that the users here has no problem, thatīs fine. I had the information that the kit lens is poor from the service. So I hope to get new one and I will see... thatīs all. But maybe there are more peple with poor lens, but they donīt know about it...
Give what I said above a try. I think you will be pleased with the results.

02-06-2015, 06:14 AM - 7 Likes   #110
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FunnyUncle Quote
But I understand well Petax users, they heve never seen sharp picture. But donīt worry. If you not study other stuff you will be still satisfied and you will never admit that something could be wrong with the Pentax equipment.
That crossed the line to just plain trolling. This thread is done.
closed
Closed Thread