Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2015, 06:53 AM   #1

K3 - low image quality, no sharp, too much noise

Dear Fans of Pentax,
I bought K200D as my first DSLR, It was great machine. Few days ago I upgrade to K3 and I am very confused. Please check my test and let me know what do you think about my pictures. There is a test of Nikon 810, Nikon Coolpix A and Pentax with 18-55WR and Sigma 18-35 Art. There is aslo picture of The Cathedral in Prague by hand with K3 (ISO 400) and Nikon Coolpix A (ISO 800). Nikon Coolpix A beats the K3 at all. I donīt understand.

There are bad pictures from K3 with 18-55 and Sigma 18-35 Art too...

Thanks for help and support.

Milos

Last edited by Tom S.; 02-03-2015 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Questionable link removed.
02-03-2015, 07:11 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FunnyUncle Quote
Dear Fans of Pentax,
I bought K200D as my first DSLR, It was great machine. Few days ago I upgrade to K3 and I am very confused. Please check my test and let me know what do you think about my pictures.
Link missing?
02-03-2015, 07:14 AM   #3

Original Poster
I will try to show results different way... admin delete it...
02-03-2015, 07:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Embedding photos.

02-03-2015, 07:32 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Without seeing the images posted, I'm going to bet they're probably straight RAW conversions, 'cause straight RAW conversions almost always look horrible.
02-03-2015, 07:34 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Did you really want to see the images of a guy who can't get good pictures with a K-3? On the other hand maybe he does need some help. I guess the first time you put images up in can be a challenge. Who knows what's going on?

Last edited by normhead; 02-03-2015 at 07:48 AM.
02-03-2015, 07:43 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Yours isn't an uncommon complaint. Read this comment and what was done to improve the situation.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/282441-k3-concerns-resolved-completely.html

There are many similar threads. What you will find is that the K-3 takes exactly the shot you set it to do, and the high resolution will show you every mistake you made. And it will show every flaw in your lens.

02-03-2015, 07:43 AM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Hahaha come on, Norm, I'm sure we can get him on the right path or at least show if he has a defective K-3.
02-03-2015, 07:45 AM   #9

Original Poster
So, you can check the picture here: http://www.gurroa.com/Milos/
02-03-2015, 07:50 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Did you really want to see the images of a guy who can't get good pictures with a K-3? On the other hand maybe he does need some help. I guess the first time you put images up in can be a challenge. Who knows what's going on?
A friend of mine, the professional photographer, took the pictures. So I hope youīll be satisfied (the picture from stand, I did the pictures by hand). The question is: Is it normal or is it possible to do it better with K3 and 18-55WR od Sigma 18-35Art. Nikon coolpix is better in Sharpness. Thatīs the reason why I am surprised and I would like to get some advice from pentax users. Thx...

---------- Post added 02-03-15 at 03:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Yours isn't an uncommon complaint. Read this comment and what was done to improve the situation.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/282441-k3-concerns-resolved-completely.html

There are many similar threads. What you will find is that the K-3 takes exactly the shot you set it to do, and the high resolution will show you every mistake you made. And it will show every flaw in your lens.
Ok, I will check it... thx

---------- Post added 02-03-15 at 03:53 PM ----------

A friend of mine, the professional photographer, took the pictures. So I hope youīll be satisfied (the picture from stand, I did the pictures by hand). The question is: Is it normal or is it possible to do it better with K3 and 18-55WR od Sigma 18-35Art. Nikon coolpix is better in Sharpness. Thatīs the reason why I am surprised and I would like to get some advice from pentax users. Thx...

But I am not doing mistakes with my Nikon Coolpix A

---------- Post added 02-03-15 at 03:55 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Without seeing the images posted, I'm going to bet they're probably straight RAW conversions, 'cause straight RAW conversions almost always look horrible.
Yes, pictures are from RAW... settings was not changes...
02-03-2015, 08:05 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Be aware a lot of issues have been reported with getting acceptable focus from the Sigma 18-35, there are mixed reviews across multiple camera platforms. The lens can be stellar but significant problems have been seen by some photographers.

The 18-55 wr should be a different story. There could be some back or front focus issues also that can be corrected in camera. Last, try just making the in camera jpg to see if this looks better.
02-03-2015, 08:05 AM   #12
Pentaxian

---------- Post added 02-03-15 at 03:53 PM ----------

But I am not doing mistakes with my Nikon Coolpix A

---------- Post added 02-03-15 at 03:55 PM ----------

Yes, pictures are from RAW... settings was not changes...
It's definitely easier to take pictures with a Nikon Coolpix but, if you know how to use the camera you'll do better with the K-3. Keep learning. We don't know anything about your pictures, so we can't help. Have you used RAW before?
02-03-2015, 08:06 AM   #13

Original Poster
Dear Fans of Pentax,
I bought K200D as my first DSLR, It was great machine. Few days ago I upgrade to K3 and I am very confused. Please check my test and let me know what do you think about my pictures. There is a test of Nikon 810, Nikon Coolpix A and Pentax with 18-55WR and Sigma 18-35 Art. There is aslo picture of The Cathedral in Prague by hand with K3 (ISO 400) and Nikon Coolpix A (ISO 800). Nikon Coolpix A beats the K3 at all. I donīt understand.

There are bad pictures from K3 with 18-55 and Sigma 18-35 Art too...

Thanks for help and support.

Milos
Images - samples http://www.gurroa.com/Milos/
02-03-2015, 08:10 AM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks like a problem with low DOF, APS-C DSLR have less depth of field compared to point and shoot cameras like the Nikon Coolpix.
02-03-2015, 08:11 AM   #15

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Be aware a lot of issues have been reported with getting acceptable focus from the Sigma 18-35, there are mixed reviews across multiple camera platforms. The lens can be stellar but significant problems have been seen by some photographers.

The 18-55 wr should be a different story. There could be some back or front focus issues also that can be corrected in camera. Last, try just making the in camera jpg to see if this looks better.
18-55WR is ok, but bad sharpness... I think the Sigma focused bad about 10 metres away... But I am surprised that I can make better picture from compact Nikon Coolpix A. Maybe I expect more from K-3 but itīs not possible...

---------- Post added 02-03-15 at 04:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It's definitely easier to take pictures with a Nikon Coolpix but, if you know how to use the camera you'll do better with the K-3. Keep learning. We don't know anything about your pictures, so we can't help. Have you used RAW before?
Dear my friend, I m not stupid
The Pictures was taken from the same time, with the same settings from the stand. All pictures are made from Raw. The settings wasnīt changed. The reason why I do the test is that I am afraid to invest to buy better lens because I am affraid that the results will be the same. I was interested to get some feedback from Pentax users... Now the K3 is in service. I will see whats wrong with K3. But maybe my mystake... but see the picture made by hand... Itīs bad for K3.
Closed Thread