Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2015, 12:04 AM   #91

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Im going to say one last thing. You can compare cameras and say this is better or that is worse. But how many "other" 24MP cameras have YOU used before K3 ?
The whole recipe is changed when the jar has lots of Pickles !
I rest my case. User error.
Nobody picking on you....just a fact....I know because I was one of the K3 accusers. In fact I probably was the founding member of the club ! Not any more....LUV it !
It isn't a camera like K30 or K50 that you can just pick up and bang out a bunch of decent photos. Many people think if you buy a top of the line product it will do this.....But not with a K3. Better know what your doing or you wont be a Happy Camper !
I too learned this the hard way. And years of experience with a SLR shooting film, or Pro Sumer grade Point and Shoot wont change that at all.
What about Nikon D600, or 810... But it's ff. Actually another man who attacted me that I am bad user. No problem... It' s me.... I am the error... Are you satisfied?

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 08:06 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7302/16453199242_26d846b72e_o.jpg - Full size image shot on DA 20-40 F8. I think the camera is sharp enough.
I will check it, thx for sample.

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 08:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
I am going to just come out and say it. You are barking up the wrong tree here. You are very close minded and you refuse to understand the technical differences between the two photos which are clearly visible when looking at the EXIF data. I can come to two conclusions. You are either A: fudging the results on purpose to come to a Pentax forums and troll about how Nikon is better or B: You are not sure how the settings correlate to produce a good photo. There is an old saying and it goes the best camera in the world is the one that you have in your hand. Dont come to a forum of dedicated Pentaxians and troll about how Nikon is better when its clear in the EXIF data that the settings are incorrect. If you want help then keep an open mind and ask for it, take the suggestions into consideration and try them. Dont blame the hardware first, look at technique and if that is correct then look into the hardware.
1) there are 2 test, the test from tripod is the same (buildings and trees)

2) the cathedral has different iso and time... It was snapshot from hand... Exif shows different data but its wrong, it was done in the same conditions

3) with different settings you can do the same picture, learn more about technics.. The most of my pictures from k3 are the same...I admit for your happines, Its my foult... I can handle many cameras but not k3... Ok?

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 08:17 AM ----------

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7302/16453199242_26d846b72e_o.jpg - Full size image shot on DA 20-40 F8. I think the camera is sharp enough.
Amazing sharpness on mobile phone, I will check on monitor soon.

02-06-2015, 01:38 AM   #92

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FunnyUncle Quote
What about Nikon D600, or 810... But it's ff. Actually another man who attacted me that I am bad user. No problem... It' s me.... I am the error... Are you satisfied?

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 08:06 AM ----------

I will check it, thx for sample.

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 08:12 AM ----------

1) there are 2 test, the test from tripod is the same (buildings and trees)

2) the cathedral has different iso and time... It was snapshot from hand... Exif shows different data but its wrong, it was done in the same conditions

3) with different settings you can do the same picture, learn more about technics.. The most of my pictures from k3 are the same...I admit for your happines, Its my foult... I can handle many cameras but not k3... Ok?

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 08:17 AM ----------

Amazing sharpness on mobile phone, I will check on monitor soon.
So... it looks good on mobile phone... but I am used to do sharper picture on monitor than your samle... but itīs not horrible...

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 09:47 AM ----------

Right now I was talking to servis and I will get new kit lens in 5 days. MY KIT LENS IS BROKEN. Itīs funny, itīs not user error. Cheers I hope the imagee will be better soon

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 09:54 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
I am going to just come out and say it. You are barking up the wrong tree here. You are very close minded and you refuse to understand the technical differences between the two photos which are clearly visible when looking at the EXIF data. I can come to two conclusions. You are either A: fudging the results on purpose to come to a Pentax forums and troll about how Nikon is better or B: You are not sure how the settings correlate to produce a good photo. There is an old saying and it goes the best camera in the world is the one that you have in your hand. Dont come to a forum of dedicated Pentaxians and troll about how Nikon is better when its clear in the EXIF data that the settings are incorrect. If you want help then keep an open mind and ask for it, take the suggestions into consideration and try them. Dont blame the hardware first, look at technique and if that is correct then look into the hardware.
The answer is quite simple. Kit lens is broken and I will get new one in 5 days. Bark... bark

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 10:00 AM ----------

Thanks to everybody for the comments and sample photos, some of the comments was usefull and an inteligent. But I understand well Petax users, they heve never seen sharp picture. But donīt worry. If you not study other stuff you will be still satisfied and you will never admit that something could be wrong with the Pentax equipment. When I get new kit lens I will see what next... If I can do sharp picture I can start to do pictures

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 10:22 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
I have a theory about dxo result. The lens was designed and tested on Nikon camera then they just produce it in different mount. Same lens doesn't mean it will perform the same on every sensor especially between different mounts. LensRentals.com - Sensor Stack Thickness: When Does It Matter? Or they just had a not so great copy for K mount, the QC of those lenses are not the greatest to keep the cost down.
Lens is lens... Especially in Samyang... there is no Auto focus... so itīs only piece of glas and metal... mount is mout... to fix somethnig together. Now everything depends on sensor... I think itīs quite simple. Itīs the same way when you are watching through the telescope. If the eye is blind the picture is worse...
02-06-2015, 02:23 AM   #93
Veteran Member

<snip>
But I understand well Petax users, they heve never seen sharp picture.
<snip>

That really is an insulting thing to say.
02-06-2015, 02:24 AM   #94

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by saladin Quote
Looks to me like you got one of the Antipodean models. Send it to me in Australia, it should work well here.
Dear Saladin... broken lens doesnīt work anywhere... But I will see the difference in 5 days. Donīt worry, I will let you know or I am prepared to send you K3 for free

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 10:36 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by cats_five Quote
That really is an insulting thing to say.
I am sorry I donīt want to fight here... but I was under attack from many people here. Nobody could admit that something wrong could be with equipment. So I donīt want to insult anybody, but itīs real situation. There are many people who has no experience s and no comparison. If I were stupid I could use bed lens whole my life. I am not happy that I have true. I am happy to avoid doing unsharp pictures. But I have got some recomendation for some lens and service said to me that I can try it. Itīs the best way how to find suitable equipment. But I know that there are many useless comments which are waste of time...

02-06-2015, 03:07 AM - 1 Like   #95
Pentaxian

FunnyUncle: thats a deal. If you are still unhappy with the k3, send it my way. I'll even pay the postage
02-06-2015, 03:14 AM   #96
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You've seen some great pictures in this thread.

Neither your K3 or Nikon pictures are up to them.

Such a troll.
02-06-2015, 03:47 AM   #97

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
You've seen some great pictures in this thread.

Neither your K3 or Nikon pictures are up to them.

Such a troll.
Problem is in Pentax users. I was writing about it a lot. But again and the last. becouse I will not spent time wit amateurs. I was not doing ART. It was not about crop, light, atmosphere and so on. It was about output. I think many people here donīt understand. I put two cameras with the same condition and settings and I take a picture. One is sharp ade other not. That was the question. There was two tests. One from hand (different time but Nikon had ISO 800 and the picture was better, output was better) and other from tripod. I am sorry Pentax users. I canīt for it that the Nikon Coolpix A has better OUTPUT then Pentax. I still talking about output. And I had Pentax k200D and it was amazing camera. So, try to rise aove it, the Coolpix has the same or better output results than Pentax. Itīs easy but I understand that you canīt admit it becouse of some praud. But I never say that you can not do nice picture. I hope sometimes somebody understand that I donīt want to hurt anybody. I am also not the biginner. So I can make better picture, believe me, not the best, but I am open to learn. But I am not blind and I had opportunity to use so many equipment so ask me and I will tell you experiences wit many cameras from Sony, Pentax, Olympus and others... There are many people who has no comparison. They buy camera and lens and they are not ambitious more. Itīs good for this people. But I am going far to make pictures and learning technology and equipment. So, thats all. I hope my word will be understand well. Sorry for my English Good light to anybody.. but for the people who doubt about output. Go to the servis to check it. Donīt use bad lens and youīll be better photograpger.

02-06-2015, 03:53 AM - 1 Like   #98
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry for my English
Your English is not your real problem.
02-06-2015, 03:55 AM - 1 Like   #99
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Maybe you just need a new lens. It is hard for me to say. I don't shoot with the kit lens, because I like primes and the DA * zooms, but I do disagree with you about Pentax users not having ever seen sharp photos. There are plenty of photos visible here on the forum, taken with the k3, that show excellent sharpness. Although sharpness isn't really that important compared to other things like light and composition in how pleasing a photo is, in the end.
02-06-2015, 03:57 AM   #100
Veteran Member

I'll never get the 3 minutes of my life back.... having read some of this..... so sad....silly me!
02-06-2015, 03:58 AM   #101

Original Poster
Your English is not your real problem.
My problem is already solved. Service set the bad lens.
02-06-2015, 04:00 AM   #102
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

My problem is already solved.
The problem is behind the viewfinder, FunnyUncle, not in front of it.

Anyway, that's the last from me.
02-06-2015, 04:00 AM   #103
Veteran Member

So... it looks good on mobile phone... but I am used to do sharper picture on monitor than your samle... but itīs not horrible...
Understood. Can you comment on the previous three images I linked? Those might be a little sharper because they were shot with primes/telephotos. Also, again, this is fully unsharpened RAW. Can you provide samples from unsharpened RAWs that are significantly sharper to indicate that the k-3 is bad?

For now, I think my k-3 shots can show that your results with the k-3 are not a fault of the camera, but of the lens or technique. I think if we downsample my 24MP shots to 16MP, you'll see that it is probably as sharp as any 16MP RAW file. Just my thoughts.
02-06-2015, 04:10 AM   #104

Original Poster
Understood. Can you comment on the previous three images I linked? Those might be a little sharper because they were shot with primes/telephotos. Also, again, this is fully unsharpened RAW. Can you provide samples from unsharpened RAWs that are significantly sharper to indicate that the k-3 is bad?

For now, I think my k-3 shots can show that your results with the k-3 are not a fault of the camera, but of the lens or technique. I think if we downsample my 24MP shots to 16MP, you'll see that it is probably as sharp as any 16MP RAW file. Just my thoughts.
No problem. I talked about my obbsesion with output quality. APS-C sesnsor has some limitation so maybe I want to be better than itīs possible. But donīt worry your K3 is not bad and it doesnīt matter what I say. You can do many beautiful pictures. But sometimes itīs more easy if your camera and lens is sharp. The work is more confortable and you donīt need too much postproduction. Actually I was very, very surprised what I get from Nikon Coolpix A. The outpust was amazing in 12 and 16Mpix. If somebody tell me I will not believe. But Fuji XE-1 is also very sharp and clean. For me the best camera at all (but not DSLR). I will check another picture you post... but really I want to hit you... I am only very strict what comes from the camera. I also hed some experiences with olympus OMD. The lens was also bad. The time different and products are not the same as 10 years before,...

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 12:13 PM ----------

The problem is behind the viewfinder, FunnyUncle, not in front of it.

Anyway, that's the last from me.
If you have no argument.. ok
02-06-2015, 04:27 AM   #105
Veteran Member

That's fine. Remember, the 24MP sensor is more stressful per pixel on lenses can will reveal flaws that are not seen at 16MP. Perhaps you may be better suited with a k-5IIs, which many people have said seem sharper than the k-3 (until they downsample and compare).

Your original k-3 shots were definitely soft, and I don't know if that's the lens or not. The Nikon Coolpix A is similar to the GR, as I said before, and both have dedicated integral lenses that make them as sharp as possible. It's not the fairest comparison of a kit lens to a dedicated prime.
Closed Thread