Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2015, 10:08 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Flu Card Browser Compatibility, et al

I just obtained a Pentax Flu Card. The 16 gb version. I have been able to get it to work and communicate with my iPhone using the Safari browser. However, I am unable to get it to work in the following configurations:

iPhone: Chrome. Live view does not appear, but all other controls appear to work

Windows XP laptop - in both Chrome and Firefox, I get the "landscape" view. No controls. Is this normal? If not how do I make changes to see all camera controls as in portrait mode on my iPhone?

Finally - not a browser issue, but an inexperienced flu card user question: I have my K3 set up to put the raw files on SD1 and the JPG on the flu card in SD2. How can I delete the images from the flu card? Do I just have to do it manually from a PC?

Rick

02-07-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
Forum Member

Hi
I just format the flu card in the camera
Neil
02-07-2015, 11:46 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gtis Quote
Hi
I just format the flu card in the camera
Neil
Doesn't that just wipe out the config file that is on it? Does it make a difference if the config file is present?
02-07-2015, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RickC Quote
Windows XP laptop - in both Chrome and Firefox, I get the "landscape" view. No controls. Is this normal? If not how do I make changes to see all camera controls as in portrait mode on my iPhone?
In all likelihood you problem is just this: Minimize the browser window and you will see the same screen as you do with your iPhone in upright position. That's how it worked for me (with Chrome).

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 08:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RickC Quote
Doesn't that just wipe out the config file that is on it? Does it make a difference if the config file is present?
No, not if you format it in the camera.

02-07-2015, 01:57 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestion about minimizing the the window. What I ended up having to do was resize it until the controls appeared, making it appear as if it were in portrait mode. Thank you very much.

Now all I have to do is get that @#$%^ binkiland malware uninstalled that was attached to Safari! Yuck.

Thanks again,

Rick