Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2015, 06:16 AM   #1

Experience with Sigma USB dock?

My Sigma 17-70mm C zoom does not focus properly at longer distances. I had sent twice to their UK service for adjustment and they sent it twice to Japan....which left me without lens for 2 months and the focus problem remains unsolved at full aperture. I finally bought the Sigma USB dock and did the firmware update. Beyond that I'd like to tackle the focusing issue but all I get on the computer is diagram for adjustments without any instructions. Does any forum member use this accessory successfully?

05-01-2016, 08:02 AM   #2

Has this been resolved at all ? I have read the OS causes the problem so turning it off may help. There is meant to be a firmware update at some point but I've not heard it this firmware ever arrived. I can't find any info on firmware updates.

I think to make the adjustments you need to shoot shots of a focusing chart at different focal lengths and judge whether you need back or forward focus setting. Then you need to take more shots and see if there is an improvement. Rather than the in-camera global AF adjustment you can have different settings at different focal lengths.