Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2015, 07:34 AM   #1

wg-4 gps

My new WG-4 GPS will not turn on. Out of the box, I was able to set the time and date but after it was shut off it won't turn back on. I've switched out batteries and all I get when I press the "ON" button is the word Ricoh in the display and then a couple seconds later 3 beeps and the camera shuts off. I've tried 3 different OEM batteries and I get the same result. Anybody know what the problem is?

02-15-2015, 10:04 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Probaly DOA, return it, reviews seem to indicate this 3 beeps then off and zoom stop working problems to be frequent on these wg-x cameras.
02-15-2015, 12:04 PM   #3

Original Poster
I emailed Ricoh but probably won't hear from them until Monday or Tuesday. To give a little history, this is my third camera. My first WG-3 GPS, the only one I paid for, sucked water the first time it was used it. Ricoh sent me another WG-3 GPS. After the first time I used it to take land pictures, the battery would not make contact with the terminals and would not turn on. Ricoh sent me this WG-4 GPS and of course you already know it won't turn on.
02-16-2015, 01:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Luvmypt Quote
I emailed Ricoh but probably won't hear from them until Monday or Tuesday. To give a little history, this is my third camera. My first WG-3 GPS, the only one I paid for, sucked water the first time it was used it. Ricoh sent me another WG-3 GPS. After the first time I used it to take land pictures, the battery would not make contact with the terminals and would not turn on. Ricoh sent me this WG-4 GPS and of course you already know it won't turn on.
Wow. That's bad luck I guess. Sorry to hear, and hope they finally get it sorted out for you.

03-12-2015, 05:57 AM   #5

Original Poster
I emailed Ricoh but probably won't hear from them until Monday or Tuesday. To give a little history, this is my third camera. My first WG-3 GPS, the only one I paid for, sucked water the first time it was used. Ricoh sent me another WG-3 GPS. After the first time I used it to take land pictures, the battery would not make contact with the terminals and would not turn on. Ricoh sent me this WG-4 GPS and of course you already know it won't turn on.