Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2015, 02:40 PM   #1

Location: Milky Way Galaxy, Planet Earth, Speeding towards the Virgo Supercluster
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pk-Teather

Just started playing with this software on the K-x, and wondering if others here may have some tips/hints on it's usage.

02-16-2015, 02:56 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
that software is old and dead. I wouldrecommend looking into pkTriggerCord instead it is atleast active.
02-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #3

PK_Tether is pretty straight forward.

The only things I've noticed is if you have it save the files to the hard drive it uses a different number scheme for the folders and images. When using the interval mode the interval is from start time to start time. So the interval has to be longer than the exposure time. So if you set the interval to 10 seconds and the exposure is 5 seconds, five seconds will elapse after the exposure is finished before the next exposure begins.
02-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #4

Location: Milky Way Galaxy, Planet Earth, Speeding towards the Virgo Supercluster
Original Poster
Thanks, will check it out..seems it will also work w/ the K-5ii..which would be a +.

02-16-2015, 04:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

won't someone think of the Mac users?
02-16-2015, 07:20 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by discharged Quote
that software is old and dead. I wouldrecommend looking into pkTriggerCord instead it is atleast active.
The URL above was not working when I tried it. The project page on SourceForge has a download link for the Windows zip:

pkTriggerCord | SourceForge.net

Be aware that pkTriggerCord supports both a simple user interface and full command-line support is a command line program and provides no user interface. I have not used it, but that second feature appears to be a good tool for programmed camera operation. Note too that the user interface requires that the GTK2 widget set be installed on your computer.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 02-16-2015 at 07:37 PM.
02-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #7

Original Poster
Well, Installed both, yet the .exe won't run, yet the cl will open the DOS window. Clicking on the .exe, get this error msg: This application failed to start because libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. Tried that, yet still don't work....Thoughts?

02-16-2015, 09:59 PM   #8

Did you install the GTK2 package linked above in stevebrot's post?
02-16-2015, 10:37 PM   #9

Original Poster
Yes, as mentioned: installed both, on a 32b XP machine

I see here:http://www.windows7download.com/free-win7-gtk-/ that there is also a 64b version, along with the 32b.

Also here:http://www.gtk.org/download/win32.php that GTK is at 3.64. The one I D/L'd is version 2.24.10.10

Will give the newer on a go, see if that helps.

Last edited by SKYGZR; 02-16-2015 at 10:43 PM.