Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2015, 12:25 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I have the sensor cleaning option to always come on during startup. I also use a rocket blower and also one of these for any small particles that the blower cannot get rid of:
https://photographylife.com/product/sensor-gel-stick

i have the eyelead brand which is very good

02-18-2015, 05:11 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mariakruse Quote
I noticed that the rocket blower comes in 3 sizes s m l any idea what size for a K-3?
maria

I would say get the biggest size, the one Adam added to the link. I had a smaller one in my travel gear but the large blaster is much better in velocity of air it provides. Always keep it in the case it came with though so that it is as clean as possible. You don't want it all dusty when you want to clean with it. As a lot have said, I have only needed to use the blaster, no wet cleaning needed. If I did, I would go with the Pentax lollypop.
02-18-2015, 07:40 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
Just be careful flying with it. Some twit might decide it's a bomb.
Photographer Has Blower Confiscated by TSA Because it 'Could Fly Like a Missile'
Oh my, that is so weird. Funny tho.
thank you
maria
02-18-2015, 09:34 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I don't know if it is just coincidence or not but on my K-x, I had it set up to dust removal at start up and I always needed to clean the sensor a lot. With my K-30, I have it set up to remove before and after power on/off and since then, I don't need to clean internally as much. I don't think that the removal system was different from the K-X to K-30 but maybe that extra removal made a difference after all....or maybe I am just more careful of where and when I change lenses.

02-18-2015, 07:12 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimC1101 Quote
I don't know if it is just coincidence or not but on my K-x, I had it set up to dust removal at start up and I always needed to clean the sensor a lot. With my K-30, I have it set up to remove before and after power on/off and since then, I don't need to clean internally as much. I don't think that the removal system was different from the K-X to K-30 but maybe that extra removal made a difference after all....or maybe I am just more careful of where and when I change lenses.
Thank you, I just set mine up to clean at start up and at going off. We will see what that does.
maria