Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2015, 06:26 AM   #1

Format SD Card...

I have a 1Gb SD card which I wanted to use in my Pewntax K-x...
I did not like the card for some reason and would not format it in the camera, either...
I checked it on my PC, and even reformatted it, but nothing helped...
Then I tried the card in another camera -- a Panasonic TX10.
It didn't like the card either - but the dialogue on the Panasonic said it could format the card... so I enabled this...
Hey Presto!
The card could then be read everywhere including the K-x
I thought this might be useful for others having similar problems

02-20-2015, 09:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The card sounds flaky. If it were me, I would rather replace it than discover later I couldn't get my images off of it.
02-20-2015, 02:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Happened to me once. I had an old card that started acting funny, but still allowed me to write pictures to it -- but then I couldn't retrieve all of them.

So please discard the card. Anyhow, a 1GB card is pretty old, and it doesn't owe you much more service at this point.

I have an old 4 megapixel Casio point-and-shoot camera that I still like to use, more so than my cell phone, because the camera has a viewfinder and a real shutter button. Anyhow, it only takes SD cards, not SDHC. So I found a 2 GB SD card for relatively cheap, to replace the old 256 MB card (LOL). The 2 GB card works fine in the camera, the only limitation is that the camera can only address 1 GB of the memory, rather than the whole 2 GB. Anyhow, my only point is, if you have a really old device, you can still get SD cards that will still work, you don't need to salvage an old card.