Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-20-2015, 07:30 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Servicing

Does anyone know the process required to send a camera body under warranty in for servicing? Do we need to contact Ricoh first? Or, do we just send it in to the service center (in Conn., I believe) with the proper paperwork?

Thanks

Last edited by Spodeworld; 02-20-2015 at 08:17 AM.
02-20-2015, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Go here: PENTAX Camera Repair | Authorized Service Center | Precision Camera

Follow the directions to get a quote. You can then print out a mailing label if you want. Send it to Precision at that address with a copy of the quote wrapped around the camera.
If it is warranty service include a COPY of the dated receipt and if under the USA extended warranty include a COPY of the extended warranty card.

Make sure to record the serial number and keep the original receipts and copies of everything.

They have a status report page where you can input your ticket number and see the progress.

Good luck.
02-20-2015, 09:10 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

In the U.S., Ricoh will refer you Precision Camera Repair who will tell you to use their online form. When you fill out the form, be clear that you intend it to be a warranty repair. They may still ask for a credit card number. They will e-mail you a pdf with mailing labels and packing instructions. Your proof of purchase and problem description goes in the package with the item to be repaired.

Steve
02-20-2015, 09:29 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks!

I just gave a call to the center in the link above.

They said all i needed to do was send the camera body in with the following information:
1. Receipt (to prove it is under warranty)
2. Contact info
3. Description of problem

Looks like i don't need to go through Ricoh.

Last edited by Spodeworld; 02-20-2015 at 10:08 AM.
02-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
Looks like i don't need to go through Ricoh.
Even if you contact Ricoh they will just refer you back to Precision.

I currently have a case opened on a bad repair that I worked with Ricoh on. But Ricoh's only involvement was to send an email to Precision asking that they contact me to solve the problem.