Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2015, 04:38 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Manual lenses and focus beep

When I first started using my K-3 with my manual lenses the camera beeped confirming focus. Now it has stopped doing this and I have no idea why. I must have changed something in the menu, but cant figure out what? Please help.
Another thing I just noticed is that the SR is turned off. When I go into the menu the SR option is greyed out, so I cant turn it on

Last edited by SashasMom; 02-21-2015 at 05:16 PM.
02-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

In the Setup 1 menu, the 5th item is Sound Effects, There should be a whole list of beeps to turn on or off there, including focus beeps.

It sounds more like some other function has shut SR off for you. SR is disabled in Bulb mode, self-timer, remote control use, wireless flash, and mirror lockup. You might try to reset the camera to its default settings, the last item in the Setup 3 menu.
02-21-2015, 05:39 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
In the Setup 1 menu, the 5th item is Sound Effects, There should be a whole list of beeps to turn on or off there, including focus beeps.

It sounds more like some other function has shut SR off for you. SR is disabled in Bulb mode, self-timer, remote control use, wireless flash, and mirror lockup. You might try to reset the camera to its default settings, the last item in the Setup 3 menu.
I figured it out. I changed the AF to back button autofocus, but wasn't pressing that when I was focusing the manual lenses. Instead i was pressing the shutter button while focusing. I feel dumb now, but at least i figured it out.

Last edited by SashasMom; 02-21-2015 at 05:45 PM.
02-21-2015, 07:04 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Pentaxian

The only people who haven't done something similar aren't using their camera.

02-21-2015, 10:10 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

What he said ^^^^^^
02-23-2015, 03:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SashasMom Quote
I figured it out. I changed the AF to back button autofocus, but wasn't pressing that when I was focusing the manual lenses. Instead i was pressing the shutter button while focusing. I feel dumb now, but at least i figured it out.

You are not alone....