Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2015, 03:50 AM   #1

Any help appreciated

Hi all
I have a K30 and have now bought a K20D, I know it seems a little stupid to downgrade but I bought a K20D off EBay. The guy that was selling it said it was in mint condition, that was a slight understatement it was mint and he has had it from new and when it arrived it was new. It has had 86 shutter releases so I'm a very happy bunny. What I would like to know is if my Aputure trigmaster pluss ll 2.4G wireless trigger be ok to use on my K20D, it's great with my K30 but as I've downgraded to the K20D I don't really know. I've had a lot of conflicting answers on that one from various people so I thought that maybe someone here has ever used this combination.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

02-23-2015, 06:17 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Evious Quote
Hi all
I have a K30 and have now bought a K20D, I know it seems a little stupid to downgrade but I bought a K20D off EBay. The guy that was selling it said it was in mint condition, that was a slight understatement it was mint and he has had it from new and when it arrived it was new. It has had 86 shutter releases so I'm a very happy bunny. What I would like to know is if my Aputure trigmaster pluss ll 2.4G wireless trigger be ok to use on my K20D, it's great with my K30 but as I've downgraded to the K20D I don't really know. I've had a lot of conflicting answers on that one from various people so I thought that maybe someone here has ever used this combination.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Hi! I've never used the specific wireless trigger mentioned in your thread, but I have used others on my K20D - and later on my K-01 (same generation and very similar to the K-30) and K-5II. If it works fine on your K-30 - it should work on the K20D as well.
02-23-2015, 06:56 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks mate

That's great my friend thanks.
02-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The K20D was the flagship model of its time. It's not a downgrade from the K30, it's just from a previous generation. You should have no problem using any radio triggers with the K20D.

02-23-2015, 10:34 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thats good to hear

I had a look around the net and found a couple of reviews about the K20D. It was apparently nearly £800.00 in the UK and was supposed to a semi pro camera. I wasn't aware of that.
Thanks
02-23-2015, 11:20 AM   #6
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MPrince Quote
The K20D was the flagship model of its time. It's not a downgrade from the K30, it's just from a previous generation.
..which is a downgrade in Resolution, burst speed, buffer size, SD card support, ISO noise, and autofocus to 5 year newer technology.

That said, I currently have a K-r as my backup so whatever works for you!