Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2015, 11:32 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wingincamera Quote
I just checked my Tammy 70-200 and it too does not auto focus very well in live view. I guess I never noticed it before because I always use the view finder unless shooting in poor light and then I am using a tripod with manual focus. When on the tripod in manual I will use LV for focus. Manual focus works just fine.
For my shooting, this problem of poor focus in LV is not a problem because of the way I use the lens.
Thank you for your feedback!

04-09-2015, 01:48 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hello again with the feedback on my adventures with the Tamron lens!

Yesterday (at last!) my lens was returned to me along my K-5IIs camera from the Tamron Europe service in Germany. All this time period there were various stages of communication and lens inspections that has to do mainly with me living in Greece and so I won't tire you with the bureaucratic staff! I will sum up the findings-results:

1. First of all my lens was adjusted on my K-5IIs camera and now it works very satisfactory! That is the good news. I haven't gotten any service report but the Tamron service has fine tuned AF at +9 in camera (the value I had also found before I sent it in for service). The focus is improved at every focal length (always speaking @ f2.8) and the only problems (slightly oof) are shown in distances less than 2-3 meters where it is easy to manual focus with better results.

2. The Tamron service informed me that the CD AF (live view) doesn't work with K-5IIs! So those of you that have lenses which properly AF on live view can consider yourselves lucky!

3. Tamron headquarters in Japan and the EU Tamron service were very helpful and responded immediately to my problem (mail) and apparently they have addressed it well!

4. I want to be fair and say that the lens is excellent in terms of resolution and contrast and is very sharp even wide open. The AF is not slow and now that it is "fixed" it is very accurate. I will post a review on the lens database after trying the lens in various photographic conditions for some time.

Once more thanks to all Pentaxians in here for their help!
04-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you for the update. Good news to know.
08-03-2015, 08:59 AM   #34

I have this same lens....just posted today wit frustrations on sharpness at 200

08-03-2015, 09:11 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kentster Quote
I have this same lens....just posted today wit frustrations on sharpness at 200
Is your problem due to eratic AF or is it a lens-glass problem? If you can get sharp images with manual focus (and live view for better focus) then you just have a lens with a front-back focus issue like mine. Otherwise it maybe a bad copy...
08-03-2015, 10:03 AM   #36

I think it's a lens/camera issue. Seam to having similar issues with other lens as well