Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
I understand the behavior you describe. I'm surprised any company wasted time engineering that feature, which is more difficult to implement than a consistent AF method that doesn't need to know the aperture setting.
Well, that's the question -- does it actually affect the AF or just the green hexagon? I noticed it because I was tweaking the AF adjustment on the lens using the "dot-tune" method where the focus confirmation is important and noticed that it mattered what I had the aperture set to, e.g. if I were to set it to f/22, it probably would have confirmed any near focus, but at f/2.8 it had to be spot-on. (So if you use the dot-tune method, make sure you keep the aperture setting on the max aperture.)

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
accuracy, accuracy with da, af, af accuracy, camera, center, da, error, f5.6, focus, k-3, k-5, lens, lenses, pentax help, photography, repair, time, tree, troubleshooting