Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Blurry lens focus

I think I just posted under the wrong heading. My K20 lens (SMC Pentax M 1.2 50mm Asahi) rings appear to work but when I try to focus it goes from bleary to somewhat bleary. I just got back from Venice Carnival, Italy and everything was working fine.

03-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by captureit Quote
I think I just posted under the wrong heading. My K20 lens (SMC Pentax M 1.2 50mm Asahi) rings appear to work but when I try to focus it goes from bleary to somewhat bleary. I just got back from Venice Carnival, Italy and everything was working fine.
Are the photos blurry, or just the viewfinder?
03-06-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Bleary lens

Just now looked at image in viewer (bleary) but waited for infared light to go on and snapped picture. Just snapped Image appears focused on camera screen (much sharper than in viewer).
03-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by captureit Quote
Just now looked at image in viewer (bleary) but waited for infared light to go on and snapped picture. Just snapped Image appears focused on camera screen (much sharper than in viewer).
Sounds like your diopter got bumped. Try looking at the text in the viewfinder while adjusting the diopter slider next to the eyecup. The text should appear sharp when you have it set correctly.

03-06-2015, 01:16 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Bleary lens

I'm sorry, I just realized there is a slider for eyesight vision adjustments on top of the viewer, I must have inadvertently move it. Just pushed slider to adjust to my eyesight. I knew I should have looked at my manual! Thank you for your time.

---------- Post added 03-06-15 at 04:17 PM ----------

enoske, You are correct and on top of it! Thank you.
03-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, happens to the best of us! It always confuses me once in a while - 'why isn't this focusing?' Yup.