Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2015, 12:19 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
infinite focus lost

I have problems focusing a FA 35-70 on my K-3. It doesn't focus on infinite. Problem occures on both manual and auto focus. It used to work perfectly. Is it a camera settings problem?
thanks

03-08-2015, 12:36 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by igabc Quote
I have problems focusing a FA 35-70 on my K-3. It doesn't focus on infinite. Problem occures on both manual and auto focus. It used to work perfectly. Is it a camera settings problem?
thanks
Is the lens in macro mode perhaps?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-08-2015, 01:10 PM   #3

Original Poster
no. It happend with the Pentax-A 35-70 the other day when I mounted on the camera for the first time but then after unmouning-mounting, it was ok.
03-08-2015, 02:51 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I assume you are talking about the F rather than the FA? I don't think there is a 35-70mm FA.

Anyway, the inner focus ring has probably slipped out of position, so it is hitting the infinity stop before uit reaches proper focus. . If you can get the front trim ring off (I think this one pries off rather than screws off, but I'm doing this from memory, so I could be wrong). , You will see a set of screws underneath that attach a brass pressure ring that presses the outer barrel against the front group, which moves up and down the helical to focus. What you need to do is loosen those screws, focus to infinity, turn the focus ring itself to infinity, then tighten them back down.

Be VERY careful applying any torque when attempting to take the front ring apart, since the guide rails on the front barrel are very tiny and made of brittle plastic, and if you break them off, the lens is toast.

03-09-2015, 08:15 PM   #5

Original Poster
unbebeliavable... I had a close-up filter on it and I didn't remember. I realized it when I took it in my hand to do the work you, dc, suggested. Crazy...!
thank you guys