Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2015, 11:17 AM   #16

If you set the ISO to a lower one, the camera thinks that the sensitivity is lower so it will ask for more exposure time or apperture, so you are OVERexposing. This is called "pulling".

You may check how much exposure tolerance does your roll supports. Some rolls have higher exposure tolerance than others. For example, I have a b&w film that is ISO 100 and can be pushed up to ISO 800 and pulled down to ISO 50, while other rolls I have that are also ISO 100 can only be pushed up to 200.

So what I recommend you is to know the lattitude range of your film because from iso 400 to iso 20 is a realy huge difference, and you have overexposed your film for 4 or 5 diaphragms, which is quite a bit, and you may be wasting money on negatives that will be completely white when positived.

You can know this information by checking the DX code in the roll.
The wikipedia webpage has some accurate info on this: DX encoding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, film, iso, iso 20, iso 400, k1000, k1000 shot, latitude, pentax help, photography, request, results, roll, shot, troubleshooting, wrong iso