Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2015, 07:26 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Newbie help with MZ-M

Hi, I've just bought myself a Pentax MZ-M, I found the user guide online and have been fiddling about with different settings but now I can't seem to get it off the manual ISO setting :-/ I've tried the manual but can't seem to find a solution. Any help would be very gratefully received!

03-20-2015, 10:43 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd like to be of help as I had one of these several years ago and a quick look at the manual reminded me that the ISO setting dial was a bit tricky.

As I recall, it's made to get the ISO setting from the film canister which most modern film cans are DX type with the appropriate encoding. So your question about getting it off manual ISO setting is puzzling. Did the ISO not get set when you loaded film? Or did you change it from what it was set to and want to go back to automatic? I'm sort of puzzled at your problem. In in looking at p15 of the manual clearly you can override the camera auto ISO setting or if none is recognized, set it manually. If you just want it to go back to auto load a new roll of film (I think). Anyway, can you be a bit more specific about what problem you are having?
03-20-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Victim77 Quote
I've tried the manual but can't seem to find a solution.
Hi! Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

The procedure is in the manual on page 15. From what I can tell, the steps are as follows:
  • Turn the exposure compensation to either the up-arrow (to increase) or down-arrow (to decrease) position while holding down the exposure compensation dial release (center of dial)
  • Depress the memory lock button (to right of viewfinder) until the desired ISO is displayed in the top LCD
  • Return the exposure comp dial to the zero position

BTW: This the first I had was aware of this very cool feature that should allow use of non-encoded film canisters.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 03-20-2015 at 03:22 PM.
03-20-2015, 03:33 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks blackcloudbrew - I was exploring the settings, it was set to auto when I put the film in but I changed it and want to return to auto :-/
Thanks Stevebrot, I can change it that way but am unable to return it to the auto setting :-)