Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Fixing a bad sensor readout (Panasonic DMC-GF3)

I got the chance to buy a cheap camera (Panasonic GF3) from a friend that was broken (I bought it for the 14-42 kit lens, to use on my GF2). He had dropped it and it looked fine from outside and the screen menu worked, but sensor output was half black, half gray and with only some lighter elements showing up. I've not done this kind of repairs before, but I gave it a shot.

It turned out to be very easy to repair it. Since the camera worked except the sensor readout I dissembled the back and directly found that the large band cable behind the sensor was a bit loose, just put it in properly and the camera worked fine after that. Took no more than 10 min Hope that it can be of some help of someone experience a similar problem.

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-GF3  Photo 
03-20-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Lucky you! Congrats. Enjoy the new camera.
03-20-2015, 11:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Good job!

A disreputable repair centre would probably have done the same as you did, but charge the client for a sensor replacement.
03-20-2015, 11:41 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
Lucky you! Congrats. Enjoy the new camera.
Ditto.
See, we Pentaxians understand value and are always up to a challenge especially when great utility can be had for moderate cost!