Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2015, 11:19 AM   #1

K500 Not Saving Video

Hi guys I just got my first dslr about 6 months ago K500, and I love it. I've finally started dialing in some pretty good shots but everytime I shoot in video mode it shoots the video but errors out at the end. Sometimes it says there is no memory left on the memory card and sometimes it ends with no errors but then there is zero video footage in the file on the memory card. The memory card is not full and has plenty of space 32gig, not even close to getting full. The files it does save all have zero bytes to them so there is nothing there. I just don't know why I cant shoot any video footage. Please help.

03-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Try another card?
03-20-2015, 12:40 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ScottAudio Quote
Hi guys I just got my first dslr about 6 months ago K500, and I love it. I've finally started dialing in some pretty good shots but everytime I shoot in video mode it shoots the video but errors out at the end. Sometimes it says there is no memory left on the memory card and sometimes it ends with no errors but then there is zero video footage in the file on the memory card. The memory card is not full and has plenty of space 32gig, not even close to getting full. The files it does save all have zero bytes to them so there is nothing there. I just don't know why I cant shoot any video footage. Please help.
I'd recommend either trying another card or formatting the card in-camera.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-20-2015, 12:42 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Max size of video is 4GB or 25mins from what I recall. Are you over that limit? Take a short 1 min video and check that if you have not already done so. I would have expected it to save when it reached the limits so this may not be related.

03-20-2015, 05:48 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. Turns out it was the memory card. I was using a 32g micro sd card in a card adapter and when I changed it to a regular sized sd card it worked perfectly. Lesson learned - micro cards with adapters can cause problems.