Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2015, 06:32 PM   #1

Pentax K-x and telescopes

I am trying to use a Konus spotting scope attached the my Pentax K-x body via a T mount. I cannot get any image via the digital viewer or when I take a photo. However I can see an image through the optical viewer. Any suggestions as to the problem?

03-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Do you have "Using Aperture Ring" set to permitted in the custom menu?
03-24-2015, 09:12 AM   #3
Pentaxian

What happens when you press the live view button? Does the mirror lift and shutter open? Try it with a K-mount lens on the camera to confirm live view isn't completely broken, then try it attached to the scope.

If it works with a lens but not with the t-adapter you need to check menu settings.
03-25-2015, 04:38 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am not sure what cameras are involved but at some point in time pentax changed the software (between K10 and K7) such that you needed to short the pins on the lens mount to do things like stop down etc. most T mount adaptors are black anodized aluminum and non condicting. You may need to remove the coating and expose bare metal over the information pins on the camera body

I have not tried my C90 on my k7 yet to know if this is the issue or not,mbut I know I can't stop down my macro lens with extension tubes until I did this small operation.