Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-31-2015, 10:35 AM   #46

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
It could be that you're not looking hard enough or that you have indeed an excellent batch of lenses. Either way it's the personal satisfaction with your lenses performance that counts, not achieving the ultimate performance. Pixel peeping is no fun...
I don't know. I looked real hard when my HD 55-300 showed up a month ago. Set up a shooting chart, used a tripod and all that recommended. adjusted up and down just to see the effects of micro adjustment. But in the end it turned out to be spot on at the default +/-0 setting.

I have done some large prints and people comment on just how detailed and clear they are. So after spending a couple hours messing with my new 55-300 I'm more inclined to trust my eyeball with other lenses not just on prints but when I zoom in using pp. Having said all that I'm sure that some lenses do need adjustment.

04-03-2015, 07:39 AM   #47
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...or both!

If a person looks hard enough and has the tools to do so, faults (or at least the perception of fault) will always be found. The OP posted an inquiry several weeks ago regarding some of the focus issues mentioned in this thread. After reviewing the example photos there, it is my conclusion that expectations may be a little skewed in regards to objects at distance and that the attempts at fine adjustment may be misdirected, improperly done, and the cause of the problems noted in this thread.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/288693-m...-included.html

Steve
Yes, Steve, I posted the inquiry. But the problem of slight front focusing has been completely fixed by retreating then +5 adjustment to +3. And now this 35mm f2.4 is just too sharp in all distances that I've tried, so I never thought about camera defect. But two lenses that I tried recently, FA 50mm 1.7 and DA 50mm 1.8 shows this strange problem that it focuses right on close subjects but front focus in distant subjects. DA is a bit more severe. Someone suggested me to ask a replacement with a new one b/c my shutter count is low. I'll contact Pentax this weekend and see what they say.
04-03-2015, 11:11 AM   #48
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ychousa Quote
Someone suggested me to ask a replacement with a new one b/c my shutter count is low. I'll contact Pentax this weekend and see what they say.
Good luck. You may have difficultly contacting Pentax on the weekends, though. I doubt that they will provide you with a new body, but they may offer to calibrate your K-3 to your lenses. The repair facility (Precision Camera) has instrumentation for that purpose (provided by Pentax) and by all reports are able to do a very good job of dialing things in using settings other than the AF fine adjust we have access to.

Steve