Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2015, 11:15 AM   #1

Problem with K30 AF.C [Solved i guess]

Good evening

today i think i detected a little error with my pentax k30. i testet a lens from someone else and as we tried different stuff, he told me about AF-C and how it works on his K5II, so we testet it on my pentax, since i never really needed to use this (mostly doing portrait).

Problem was: it wouldn't work. we changed lenses, so we could eliminate the lens being the reason.
I can switch to AF-C and it does focus once, but not continuos after the first focus. on his camera it worked like a charm, so what am i doing wrong here?

I tried looking in the manuell and here in the forum but didn't find an answer for me. Sorry if i am missing something obvious =/

Thanks for your help guys

Last edited by Lost Forever; 04-02-2015 at 03:07 PM.
04-02-2015, 03:05 PM   #2

Original Poster
So i think i found the solution.

I went into the menu via "Info" and went to AF.A (top right) and switched it to "Off". I still need to check in the manuell what i really did now, but since it is off, focusing seems to work again (following focus i mean by that)
04-02-2015, 04:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have never used AF-A and found others had said that it is unreliable so I don't use it. For AF-C, I use it quite well and works as expected. I will see point of focus change as expected when a moving subject will switch to the proper focus point and have not had any problems using it. Understand that if you do not change the same focus plane meaning that the subject will still be in focus you will not see a point change as the camera sees it as still in focus. I guess it is an algorithm thing.