Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2015, 05:49 PM   #1

Help

I have a friend that bought a converter for a nikon lens to pentax camera body. She said she heard it click like a regular lens does. She said she used it a couple of times then went to take the lens off the converter and it is stuck. In the process of try to get the lens off the adapter the little button broke off. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get them seperated?

04-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just tried taking my adapter off my Nikkor 24mm. I had to play with it a while to get the button to release. It has always turned hard just prior to locking to the lens. She might try a small pocket screwdriver to pull the pin down to release the lens Insert it in the button area . I had to wiggle my lens and adapter a bit to get the pin where it would release so she may need to do that as well while pulling the pin down.. Also remember Nikon lenses twist on backwards of Pentax. Hope this helps and good luck
04-08-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Spark plug feeler gauge - the kind with individual metal strips.
04-09-2015, 02:59 AM   #4
Pentaxian

As opposed to turning the lens to remove it, turn it back slightly to put it on, and see if there is a little play in the locking pin, maybe it has some pressure on it, from use (focusing etc. ) that has been taken up and made the pin tight in the licking slot

04-09-2015, 03:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If she heard click, then it's probably not friction (or not only friction) holding the components together. As others above have suggested, look up videos and articles on how to remove stuck lenses with a 'ricoh pin'. This could be a similar situation.
04-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Don't forget, the Nikon lens turns the opposite direction (compared to Pentax) to remove it from the adapter.
04-11-2015, 08:48 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you

Thank you patrick9, I used a small screw driver and pushed the button stub down and was able to get it right off. Thanks again
04-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Spark plug feeler gauge - the kind with individual metal strips.
very handy indeed!! what I used to remove a lens with the dreaded ricoh pin before I knew about it