Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2015, 07:32 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Instant photo transfer

I want to set my K-3 and computer up somehow so that while I'm taking photos, the photos will appear in a folder or program on the computer, ready to be processed by someone else sitting at the computer. They will be jpgs, not raw. The computer must also be connected to the internet simultaneously. What is the simplest and most hassle-free way to accomplish this? Wired connection would be ok, but wireless is preferable.

04-11-2015, 07:38 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax 16GB FluCard Pro SDHC Memory Card for Pentax Cameras
04-11-2015, 07:52 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
As I understand it, the flu card acts as a host for wifi, and the computer can't connect to both the flu network and the local router at the same time.
04-11-2015, 08:07 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the computer has a wired connection to the router you can do both at the same time. Or if the compiter has a second Wi-Fi connection. A USB wifi dongle is like $20.

04-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #5
Pentaxian

EyeFi makes great cards that work well. They do not have the "tethering" that FluCard does, but they do have direct file transfer which can be used to allow auto-import into Lightroom, etc...

Works great for on-site events as well as studio work.
JPEGs transfer in a few seconds. RAW becomes too slow to be very usable in most of my cases.
But I would look at EyeFo Pro X2 cards. (Dunno if the new Mobi cards have the same capabilities)

FYI, no internet or WiFi router needed. The Eye Fi cards create their own network.

Donwside, the EyeFi Pro X2 DOES require internet for configuration. STUPID!
But once done, they can act as standalone network to perform transfers with your PC, phone, etc...