Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2015, 01:37 PM   #1

K-50 video

I am new to video shooting and am having trouble with the outcome of some of my attempts. I took video of my granddaughter and the video was washed out looking. I have taken video of landscape and got very good results. I took the video using manual focus, fps 24, 1/50,ISO 200, WB for conditions, exposure setting either M or P, but was unable to adjust the F stop. When shooting landscape I could adjust the F stop.

Thank you for you time.
gary

04-14-2015, 02:16 PM   #2
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry, what do you mean when you are shooting landscape? like an actual landscape?

Is your camera saying F-- for the aperture in non-movie modes?
04-14-2015, 02:46 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by garyrs Quote
I am new to video shooting and am having trouble with the outcome of some of my attempts. I took video of my granddaughter and the video was washed out looking. I have taken video of landscape and got very good results. I took the video using manual focus, fps 24, 1/50,ISO 200, WB for conditions, exposure setting either M or P, but was unable to adjust the F stop. When shooting landscape I could adjust the F stop.

Thank you for you time.
gary
In M mode you're in full control of the exposure and you have to adjust it yourself based on the ambient light levels.

If you just want to be able to control the aperture, put the camera in Av mode (via the control panel / info button) and you'll be able to adjust the aperture while the camera takes care of the rest.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-14-2015, 03:16 PM   #4

Original Poster
Imp
Thanks. Yes it is showing a F number in non movie.

---------- Post added 04-14-15 at 03:18 PM ----------

Adam
Thanks, I will try that next time I have my granddaughter and we get a sunny day here in Oregon.

---------- Post added 04-14-15 at 03:21 PM ----------

Imp
Just shooting the video of the houses etc with no people in view.

04-16-2015, 10:29 AM   #5

Original Poster
Got good weather and had granddaughter yesterday so shot some video. Some looked real good (to me) others not so good. Set camera to Av but could not adjust the aperture all the time. Can there be a time if the sun is real bright that the camera cannot correct for this? Also having trouble seeing the LCD, any suggestions on how to shade the LCD?

Thanks
Gary