Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2015, 04:28 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Steve, this is excellent - and valuable - work. I'm a newbie here (at least, as a regular), but this info should be writ large as a sticky somewhere, IMHO. Worth letting Adam know??

Mike

04-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Steve, this is excellent - and valuable - work. I'm a newbie here (at least, as a regular), but this info should be writ large as a sticky somewhere, IMHO. Worth letting Adam know??

Mike
I will write this up and post as a new thread.

Steve
04-16-2015, 04:42 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
This seems to have opened a can of worms with respect to M42 lenses and the potential for damaging interactions with the interface for the newer SDM lenses (be a shame to ruin that in the camera body if you own a series of lenses that can't devolve back to screw drive, as I believe some do).

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Ricoh pin only applies to K-mount, not to M42.
I'm sort of glad I asked what was otherwise an unnecessary question! I feel like not such an idiot anymore, LOL!
04-16-2015, 08:03 AM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
I'm sort of glad I asked what was otherwise an unnecessary question! I feel like not such an idiot anymore, LOL!
You are not the first person to confuse the aperture actuator on an M42 lens with the Ricoh pin and probably will not be the last.

Steve