Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2015, 05:56 AM   #1

Adapters for Tamron m42 screw on teleconverter

Hello again PF Community,

So I bought an old Tamron M42 2x TC and have the one adapter for the camera side mount however I know I might earn some chagrin for this but I need an adapter to make my K mount lenses screw on.

*Looks and listens for the snickers

I did a cursory search and zilch or need to look more carefully. To be honest I got a little confused looking at some of the pictures of potential adapter candidates.

In any event, HELP!! and thank you!! \o/
John

---------- Post added 04-20-15 at 02:58 PM ----------

and on second thought maybe this is just not worth it...
after all I did get the TC on the cheap. I just wanted to see if it's any better than my "Revue" brand (k mount) TC.
I'm kinda meh about it too.
Thanks for your time anyway

---------- Post added 04-20-15 at 03:06 PM ----------

it's real irony that I just read "If you give a mouse a cookie" to my lil boy the other day.
So in that vein I think I'll look for some m42 mount 200mm+ lenses...
:S

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GT-N7100  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
GT-N7100  Photo 
04-20-2015, 06:41 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Iksobarg Quote
need an adapter to make my K mount lenses screw on.
Doesn't work/happen sorry you are SOOL.

I tinker with my M42 tc's with my adaptalls, using an M42 mount on the lens, and with some old 300mm and 400mm preset lenses. Rarely impressed with the results. Using more MPx or smaller sensor camera (=bigger crop factor) to get more reach has the inherent advantage of not losing 2 stops.
BTW you're better off looking for one of the later Tamron-F tc's...thats an old one.
04-20-2015, 07:00 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Praktika/Pentax M42 fits inside the K mount and uses the same register distance, so an adapter is easy.

As the K bayonet is wider than M42, this cannot work the other way round. If such adapter would exist (as far as I know, it doesn't), it would either need additional glass or this setup could only be used for macro (acting as an extension tube).

Last edited by RKKS08; 04-20-2015 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Typing