Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2015, 07:09 PM   #1

Pentax K-3 Screen Burn-In/Auto Off Stopped Working

Hi everybody,

I'm an amateur photographer and I wanted to shoot a sunset timelapse today. This morning before I left for work (7:15am), I took a single picture and put my camera down in my car and left it there all day. The outside temperature was no more than 75 degrees and I parked in the shade, so I don't suspect I had heat damage. Anyway, I got in my car after work at about 7:15 and picked up my camera to take a picture. I first noticed that I'd left it on (but I have the auto off feature on), but the battery was also dead. I then turned it off and back on so I could take the picture (because my battery grip usually will let me take a few pictures after battery depleted shows up), but it had a white vignette around the right half of the screen and colorful lines running down the left half. I know I didn't drop it or even put it down carelessly, so I have no idea how this would've happened. I'm just wondering if there's something I should try before I start talking to Pentax about it. Like maybe a firmware flash or something?

Thanks!

04-28-2015, 07:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Inside the car it can get much hotter.

Charge the battery and try again later at room temp ?
04-28-2015, 08:59 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Inside the car it can get much hotter.
Agree, but that must have been (officially) above 104F to do damage.
04-29-2015, 08:36 PM   #4

Original Poster
Update: I've since charged my batteries (internal and battery grip AA batteries) and tested it and the problem is completely gone. Thank you for the tips, crewl1 and now I know to wait if it happens again. But I won't be leaving my camera in my car anymore...