Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2015, 03:43 PM   #1

K-s1 , flu card and the ipad4

I am having issues viewing my images on my ipad4 , imported from my k-s1 via flucard.
Firstly it is near impossible to view my photos as the IP address ending 1.1 is rarely accepted a message appears stating my wi- if is turned of.
There seems to be conflict between my wi if and Pentax flu card .
Also when I access the wireless image transfer in the menu an error message appears stating I should insert a wireless card , this when FLU card is inserted.
And lastly on the rare occasions I have managed to access my photos my ipad4 has frozen as soon as I view my first photos .

Has anyone else experienced similar problem or can they direct me to somewhere to a guide .

Regards
Nadeem

05-04-2015, 04:04 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 2B1 Quote
Also when I access the wireless image transfer in the menu an error message appears stating I should insert a wireless card , this when FLU card is inserted.
Are you looking at the eye-fi options? The flucard is accessed exclusively via your web browser, once enabled.

Our guide for the flucard can be found here:
Pentax FluCard O-FC1 Review - Set-Up Guide | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-04-2015, 06:02 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adam pointed you to some very valuable instructions!

A tip I'd add is that you can also access the FLUcard (after connecting to it as the wifi network for your device, of course) by typing
Code:
 http://pentax
into your browser address bar, if the IP address ending in 1.1 is troublesome for you.

Next, change the channel setting (described in the instructions Adam linked to) to channel 9 or 10, as I've found the first four are usually the most crowded (my office has 20+ signals coming in), and 11 is frequently the default for other wi-fi devices that create a "hotspot." YMMV, but it helps me out a lot, and I've been using the FLUcard quite a bit on product photoshoots at client locations lately.