Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LightRoom Lens Recognition

I was of the impression that LightRoom automatically recognizes lenses. My Pentax 55-300mm is listed in the pull-down menu, but I have to choose it manually. Am I mis-understanding the lens correction feature?

Thanks.

05-05-2015, 03:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

For lens correction you do.
05-05-2015, 04:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
I was of the impression that LightRoom automatically recognizes lenses.
it does mostly. But sometimes it has trouble, especially with lenses that have several models with very similar names.

In LR go to Lens Corrections>Profile Make sure "Enable Profile Corrections" is checked. If the lens does not auto-populate below use the drop boxes to select your lens. Most of the time this is enough to get LR to recognize the lens in the future.
05-05-2015, 04:09 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
In LR go to Lens Corrections>Profile Make sure "Enable Profile Corrections" is checked. If the lens does not auto-populate below use the drop boxes to select your lens.
...and once selected, choose "Default" from the Setup box. LR will then associate the profile with that lens for future images having that lens id.

Steve

05-05-2015, 04:17 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
and once selected, choose "Default" from the Setup box. LR will then associate the profile with that lens for future images having that lens id.
Oddly, that is not working in LR6. But I am sure it did in LR5. And I'm not seeing but a small handful of profiles listed anymore either.

Anyone else with LR6 can check? Maybe I'll reset and try again.

---------- Post added 05-05-15 at 04:22 PM ----------

OK, working correctly again after a reset. Weird. But lots of 'weird' in LR6 so far.
05-06-2015, 03:17 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...and once selected, choose "Default" from the Setup box. LR will then associate the profile with that lens for future images having that lens id.

Steve
Okay, I tried this and looks as though it will work. The key seems to be choosing Default. We'll see what happens with other lenses.

Many thanks.

Don