Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2015, 01:31 PM   #1
Forum Member

Metz 58 v1 will not fire

Hi,
I have hardly used my flash in the past 1.5 yrs and now it will not fire even when I push the green lit button. All other functions/controls work, has anyone else had the problem, and is it worth fixing?

thanks for the help in advance!

05-16-2015, 02:57 PM   #2

Same Problem

I am having the same problem with my Metz 58 v1. I don't know what's going on, and whether it is a Pentax communication issue or a more general malfunction. I have no suggestions as nothing I've done has worked.
05-16-2015, 07:51 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have had a problem with flashes not firing in the past.

Here are the two things I have done in the past and has always seemed to work.

1 Make sure your batteries are fully charged. I have found that sometimes if you haven't used a flash in awhile, partially charged batteries don't have the power to "wake" the flash up.

2 Pull the batteries out and use either a pencil eraser or a light cleaner on a q-tip to clean all the contacts on the flash. Sometimes a light oxidation has built up not allowing the full charge into the flash.
05-16-2015, 10:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
May we assume that the flash-ready indicator on the flash indicates that it is charged?
QuoteOriginally posted by Hiroshi Quote
and is it worth fixing?
Ask Metz for a quote. I think it will be cheaper than a new one.