Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Difference between Pentax k5 and k5ii?

I bought Pentax k5 via simpleshoppinglink.com
Want to know what's the difference between Pentax k5 and k5ii?

05-22-2015, 11:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by andrewpin Quote
Pentax K-5 II - Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
05-22-2015, 12:00 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by andrewpin Quote
The only real difference is in low-light AF capabilities: -3EV vs -1EV. The K-5 ii focuses much more decisively in those conditions.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-22-2015, 06:17 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The only real difference is in low-light AF capabilities: -3EV vs -1EV. The K-5 ii focuses much more decisively in those conditions.

What he said! Other than a slightly improved AF system the differences are marginal.

Now the jump between the K5 and the K3 series is much bigger...

But for me personally there wasn't enough change to warrant me giving up my K5 at the time for a K5II.