Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2015, 02:55 PM   #1

Pentax 67 ttl meter issue

Hello everyone!

I recently bought a Pentax 67 which came with a ttl meter prism but I cannot for the life of me get it to work.

The battery is in correctly, the contacts seem to be clean and connecting, the chain isn't broken and I had plenty of light to test it in but the needle will not budge from the bottom.

I have tried taking the lens and the prism off and putting it back on but still nothing. When I go to put the Lens (55mm f3.5) in auto mode the switch pings back to manual mode - is the supposed to happen?

I'm just a little confused at what else to do. Is it broken or am I missing something?

Thanks guys!

06-15-2015, 12:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Make sure the meter coupling chain is not broken; you stated this in your post, but just to mention it. Remove the prism and shine a torch onto the chain; the coupling tab should be to the extreme right (as you look down from the front).

When mounting a lens, keep your fingers clear of the auto-manual slider; it's very easy to unconsciously grip it and "slip" it from auto to manual during mounting (or dismounting).

The possibility of a dead circuit or switch in the meter comes to mind, but more thorough checks need to be made of the camera/prism interface and the chain condition.
06-29-2015, 05:04 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hi silent street,
The chain is definitely not broken, I had to take it into a repair centre in the end who are fixing it for me. I think it's a dodgey circuit!