Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2015, 10:34 PM   #1

Help with K3

Hello all!
Please tell me, what is this:

Each time when i took a series of photos, one of them is looking like that.
What is this?
Any help?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
05-24-2015, 10:47 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bratudan Quote
Hello all!
Please tell me, what is this:

Each time when i took a series of photos, one of them is looking like that.
What is this?
Any help?
I would hope that it's only a memory card issue. What type of card are you using? Try formatting the card and see if the problem persists.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-24-2015, 10:58 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Adam!
I have also think at my sd card, because is old and is not a very good product. Is from Sandisk (a low budget product)
I will format and check if the problem persists.

---------- Post added 05-24-15 at 11:04 PM ----------

Adam, I forgot to say- the picture register the exif, with all information, but the image is not displayed
05-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sandisk product is quite god actually.
Your SD card is "old" and might be corrupted/ etc ...
Get a new one, format in camera and try again.

If that doesn't' work, report back here and someone will likely offer more suggestions/help.

JP

05-25-2015, 09:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

This applies to all memory cards. The memory card has a limited number of write cycles. As you approach that limit, you can get corrupted data. read the specs on your particular card to see what that limit is. I recommend replacing your cards every so often, depending on how many pictures you take in a year. And replace them before you come close to that limit. New cards when you go on vacation or an important event. There's nothing worse than going out on a once-in-a-lifetime trip, and finding out your memory card failed, Because it was old. when you consider that one memory card cost less than purchasing and developing two or three rolls of film, and they can store more than 1000 frames, "depending on your format and the size of your memory card", you're coming out really cheap.

note: you can extend the life of your memory card by not erasing your old data until it is absolutely necessary. When you erase the data, it starts writing at the newly erased address. Which can shorten the life of the card. By not erasing the old data, you are writing over new territory and utilizing the entire memory space. only erase old data when the card is nearly full.
05-25-2015, 10:17 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks a lot guys! What a beautiful community we have here!
I formated the sd card, and momentary it seems to work.
If the problem persist I will come back.