Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2015, 05:22 PM   #1

Tripod Trouble...

I have a Benro tripod and I took the center column out to put it in from the bottom up. It seemed to be fine, but now that I want to put it back to its normal top-first position, it refuses to go in. I'm lining up the groove on the column with the track inside the center column housing and also making sure the center column tightener ring is open. Any ideas? Thanks!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5s  Photo 
05-25-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try cooling the bottom of the column so that it contracts a bit. Ice cubes should work.

05-25-2015, 07:00 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does it go into the center column housing at all?

Did you check the Benro website?
05-25-2015, 08:21 PM   #4

Completely unscrew the center column locking collar. The sleeve that sits between the collar the post has raised "fins" in both sides that fit into groves in the post and inside the top of the post. Make sure it is seated properly so the the fin on the outside of the sleeve is seated. If that has twisted out of position it would make the sleeve too small to accommodate the center post.

05-25-2015, 08:29 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Unlikely but only a moment to check: Is there a safety button that has to be pressed down to remove and insert the column? I don't see one in the photo but it could be on the far side of the column. You would have had to press it when you removed it so it's probably not there.

Is the center hole in the tripod legs off-center compared to the top plastic collar? Gently push it to recenter of insert the column at a slight angle to get things to align.