Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2015, 08:51 AM   #1

Pentax K10D Display and rear panel stopped working

Hi all

I am a newbie to the forum, so bear with me if I am not in the correct place to ask for help?

I have picked up a Pentax K10D body from ebay, thinking it might be a simple thing to fix. Its screen does not show any display and also none of the rear panel buttons function when Camera is powered with a newly fully charged battery?

Top plate only shows the battery icon and nothing else. Connecting this body with 18-55 AF lens appears fine, but no display. The shutter fires, the AF works fine, but nothing is getting recorded on the SD card?

I have opened the rear panel and cleaned the contacts, still no joy.........Any thoughts how to fix this issue? Has anyone had similar problem?

Amar

06-05-2015, 07:25 AM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Perhaps try another battery? The battery itself might be faulty.
06-05-2015, 08:15 AM   #3

You can download a version of the K10D service manual from here. The comment says "not extremely useful, but interesting"

Downloads
06-06-2015, 08:16 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by amarverma Quote
I have picked up a Pentax K10D body from ebay, thinking it might be a simple thing to fix. Its screen does not show any display and also none of the rear panel buttons function when Camera is powered with a newly fully charged battery?
<grimace> Good luck. Dead fully electronic cameras typically stay dead. At least that is the case without expert help and a supply of factory parts ($$). If you have a parts camera and knowledge of the camera innards you might have success, but it will not be simple. Sorry.

Steve