Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2015, 05:00 PM   #1

lightroom import issue

Hi
Wondering if anyone can assist.
I recently updated my firmware, on my pentax k5iis.
the camera is working and apple iPhotos is importing the raw files no problem.
when i try to import them to lightroom 5, i get an error stating ' the following files were not imported as they could not be read'
so i am not sure if its the SD card or lightroom...
i reformatted the SD card and tried again but got the same error.
any assistance as always is gratefully received.
cheers
jon

06-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #2
Pentaxian

So where are the files now? You erased them when you formatted? Or you don't have anything "lost", but you just want to get it working? I would try copying from the card to the hard drive without using lightroom -- does that seem to work? And then importing off the harddrive. Also try reading them with another program (like adobe dng converter, or pentax's own software) to see if that works.

What version of Lightroom? Maybe you just need an update...
06-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote

This.

Probably you just need to update your Lightroom and everything will work fine.
06-08-2015, 05:21 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
So where are the files now? You erased them when you formatted? Or you don't have anything "lost", but you just want to get it working? I would try copying from the card to the hard drive without using lightroom -- does that seem to work? And then importing off the harddrive. Also try reading them with another program (like adobe dng converter, or pentax's own software) to see if that works.

hi
I imported them into apple photos so at least i have them.
i have the latest update of lightroom 5 as well...am just going to try again and see if i can import from the hard drive.
thanks

---------- Post added 06-08-15 at 09:17 PM ----------

ok we are good now.... i rebooted, reformatted, and reinstalled the 5.7 version

06-08-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have a K-5 IIs and I can import into lightroom with no problem. Are you using the USB cable to connect or reading directly from the memory card. I don't know if it matters but which format are you using, DNG or PEF? I use DNG and have never had a problem.
06-09-2015, 12:56 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jonnytheweb Quote
ok we are good now....
Good news as I was coming up short here with suggestions...