Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2015, 01:42 AM   #1

help cheap m42 adapter stuck on k-x

i always use the m42 adapter like this and never have problems but i purchased other cheap and never used, one day i clean the camera and forgot to mount the right adapter, my brother take the camera today to shoot in the college a event (he use the camera sometimes and know how to and know i only use manual lenses) but i never say to him i not use that cheap adapter and he grab the cheap adapter and mount it on the camera, he shoot normally when he back i see it that and try to unmount but i dont know what he do but i cant.

I try everything i dont know what to do t.t

i attach a image of the camera and adapter and sorry for my english i hope all can understand u.u

Attached Images

06-12-2015, 01:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Get some rubber or wear a latex glove and putting pressure on the surface try and rotate it back with lens release pin depressed at the same time. It should come out with some elbow grease applied
06-12-2015, 04:07 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This thread might help, but it involves some "surgery":
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/167741-m...-solution.html

First try to hold the lens release button on camera, then move adapter to where it should come out and wiggle it out. Don't push down on the adapter, only spin it
06-12-2015, 08:12 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Removing the lens mount will be difficult since the flange covers the screws. You should be able to grip the ring on the knurled part while wearing a rubber glove and twisting it off while depressing the lens release button. Try it with pushing the ring towards the body. Try it while pushing the ring towards the body. You could probably put your thumb on the inside of the ring but be careful of the mirror, focusing screen and power zoom contacts.

More extreme options would be to cover over the opening and drill a couple of holes in the flange or inner flange so you can turn the adapter with a lens spanner wrench. I would use a drill press so you can accurately control the depth of the drill holes.

06-12-2015, 09:57 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
Get some rubber or wear a latex glove and putting pressure on the surface try and rotate it back with lens release pin depressed at the same time. It should come out with some elbow grease applied
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
This thread might help, but it involves some "surgery":
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/167741-m...-solution.html

First try to hold the lens release button on camera, then move adapter to where it should come out and wiggle it out. Don't push down on the adapter, only spin it
Yes, use rubber gloves and no, don't apply downward pressure. That style adapter has no retaining spring and should turn turn out properly with the release button depressed.

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
...You should be able to grip the ring on the knurled part while wearing a rubber glove and twisting it off while depressing the lens release button. Try it with pushing the ring towards the body. Try it while pushing the ring towards the body. You could probably put your thumb on the inside of the ring but be careful of the mirror, focusing screen and power zoom contacts...
Putting a finger on the inside surface will definitely help, though I am still dubious about putting downward pressure on the adapter.

Cutting the adapter out with a Dremel too is a drastic last resort and requires a steady hand and care to keep the metal shards out of the body.

Steve
06-12-2015, 11:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yes, use rubber gloves and no, don't apply downward pressure. That style adapter has no retaining spring and should turn turn out properly with the release button depressed.
Thanks for clarifying - obviously by saying putting pressure I meant to ensure the grip is good and friction will do the rest while turning. SO the pressure needs to be applied, but very balanced just so the rubber wont slip.
06-12-2015, 06:44 PM - 1 Like   #7

Original Poster
i do it guys u.u i use a plier (alicate we called her in that way XD) i grab the adapter border and make enough pres (like superman XD) and my brother hold the camera until the adapter go out *o* ty to all for respond and help <3