Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2015, 11:36 AM   #16
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 23mystiq Quote
sent the camera to the Pentax repair centre in Tokyo and within one week it has been fixed. They said it was a faulty circuit.
So it's a hardware issue. Anything on the invoice that might indicate what exactly the "faulty circuit" was?

Congratulations by the way on the happy ending!

07-20-2015, 10:04 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
So it's a hardware issue. Anything on the invoice that might indicate what exactly the "faulty circuit" was?

Congratulations by the way on the happy ending!
Oh, yeah sure, if you speak japanese I don't but I was able to deduct it could have been some circuit below LCD screen on top or below GPS compartment. If I will find invoice, I will put it here. Camera is working like a charm. No issues whatsoever, awesome battery life, Astrotracer does a great job and yesterday I found out it can do Time Lapse day videos or Time Lapse night series of pictures from which you can make a movie. Plus the Flu card WiFi tethering.... Just a great camera!
08-13-2015, 03:22 AM   #18

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gertlind Quote
As far as i can understand it looks like the cameras with this problem will not shut off properly. When turning the ON/OFF knob to OFF the camera is still on.
The camera will work well until you enable the GPS, then all the major problem starts.

The tests I did when I got the new one was:
Checking that it turned off properly.
Turned the GPS ON/OFF. (With the broken camera it was not possible to turn the GPS off again)
Went into the menu GPS, enabled and disabled GPS LED. (The faulty camera froze trying this)
Tested the Info meny (press twice). (Broken camera froze here after enabling of the GPS)

This paradox is killing me; mine didn't make this shut off failure yet in more thsn 2k shutters, does it mean that it won't do from now on or someday could? :-)))
08-13-2015, 05:23 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by umit.cukurel Quote
This paradox is killing me; mine didn't make this shut off failure yet in more thsn 2k shutters, does it mean that it won't do from now on or someday could? :-)))
We don't know. My impression is that a large number of cameras in the suspect range do not have the problem since almost all of the reported problems have come up right away. There are one or two reports of it happening later. If you can exchange the camera or get it fixed that is probably the wisest route. But if that is not possible, after 2000 shoots, you may be ok. Pentax will probably do warranty repairs on this issue even after a year if it shows up after the warranty expires.

08-13-2015, 05:36 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
We don't know. My impression is that a large number of cameras in the suspect range do not have the problem since almost all of the reported problems have come up right away. There are one or two reports of it happening later. If you can exchange the camera or get it fixed that is probably the wisest route. But if that is not possible, after 2000 shoots, you may be ok. Pentax will probably do warranty repairs on this issue even after a year if it shows up after the warranty expires.

Thanks a lot for your answer; I bought my camera from another country and local pentax dealer doesn't want to solve it. I just don't want to rush, if it will be ok then. :-))) but thank you, gave me good feedback about this.