Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2015, 02:04 PM   #16

Original Poster
So... it's either automatically removing dust upon shut down worked or it's the fact that I cleaned the back of the lens... but I have way less dust now. Just two really annoying spots that I cannot get rid of. I spotted some tiny white particles INSIDE my lens though. Could they be the problem here?

And vonBaloney, is it the Pentax gel stick we are talking about?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot A720 IS  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
06-15-2015, 02:13 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The answer is no your lens element is not the cause of those spots. What aperture did you shoot it at? T he reason I ask is that maybe it is not a big deal for normal shooting. Because that may come off with vigorous use of the blower , otherwise a wet cleaning is indicated.
06-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bonfireheart Quote
And vonBaloney, is it the Pentax gel stick we are talking about?
There is a Pentax-branded one, yes, or there used to be. There are others though, same concept. I bought a Promaster-branded set (has two different sized sticks) years ago for about $30 that I still use. Then last year I saw the exact same set under the Opteka name on Amazon for only $8 so I grabbed it but it was a bad set or made of different stuff -- not sticky at all and useless. The EyeLead ones are supposed to be good...
10-22-2015, 06:29 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am not trying to hijack this thread but I'd like to cross-post this here because people seem to have a better idea about everything that concerns "cleaning".
Here is the said thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/115-pentax-k-5/185635-mirror-sensor-clean...ml#post3407834
which I have "resurrected" but have no reply as of today.
Thanks!

10-26-2015, 08:57 AM   #20

If you shine I small led torch on the mirror, scratches may show up. The mirror is easily scratched because the "silvering" is on the top surface and isn't very hard. Any marks on the mirror now are permanent and cannot be removed. As mentioned earlier, your pictures will not be affected.