Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2015, 01:45 AM   #1

AF540FGZ II + rogue flashbender large kit 2

AF540FGZ II + rogue flashbender large kit 2

I just bought two items as identified above to add for my K-3. They're both new.

I'd like to know if anybody here has done the same, and if so, do you encounter this problem?
the flashbender pulls the flash head down because of the weight. The version 2 of this flashbender is supposed to be lighter, but it makes the flash head slide down. I wonder why the said flash model only has lock in only one position and not in all angles?

And what do you suggest I do? holding the flash head while taking shots is a bit tedious and I know it's not supposed to be like that.

06-17-2015, 07:57 AM   #2

I have the small version so I don't encounter that problem. You're going to have to give us more information though on what exactly you're doing so we can help. Maybe attach a picture of the setup how you're trying to use it. Was the flash new or used?

Is your flash pointed straight up into the bender? Or are you trying to point the flash somewhere at an angle between 0 and 90 degrees? It should be fine if the flash is at either a purely horizontal or vertical angle. If it is pulling the flash head from a vertical position down, then that'd be potentially cause for concern (not insurmountable). If not, I'd suggest searching youtube for 'flash bender'. There's a plethora of technique videos that may be more helpful than anything else.
06-18-2015, 04:05 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the smaller Rogue and the 1st generation AF540 and have the same problem. When using the head pointing up (camera in landscape position) , I position the Rogue in such a way that the velcro strip acts as a support for the hinge of the flash.
06-18-2015, 04:35 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bonobo Quote
I have the small version so I don't encounter that problem. You're going to have to give us more information though on what exactly you're doing so we can help. Maybe attach a picture of the setup how you're trying to use it. Was the flash new or used?

Is your flash pointed straight up into the bender? Or are you trying to point the flash somewhere at an angle between 0 and 90 degrees? It should be fine if the flash is at either a purely horizontal or vertical angle. If it is pulling the flash head from a vertical position down, then that'd be potentially cause for concern (not insurmountable). If not, I'd suggest searching youtube for 'flash bender'. There's a plethora of technique videos that may be more helpful than anything else.
The version of flashbender I have is the large one with diffuser. The flash head is angled perfectly vertically and I am not trying to adjust the angle of it in anyway. What I'm referring to is that sometimes when I lean my body forward when I take shots. I do not really lean that much but a slight forward of my body (hence the slight change of the angle of the camera) will trigger the flash head sliding down. I am also holding the camera in default landscape mode..

Besides, I suppose the AF540FGZ II should have a lock on absolutely any stops/angle.